Sunday, August 26, 2007

Field of Lavendar

Okay, so I decided to use a photo depicting a field of lavendar for my background image. I needed to find something that I felt would be theme related, ...diet, weight loss, food, hmmm, I really love purple, so I thought what about herbs and of course, ...I couldn't help but think of lavendar. So, lavendar it is!

I've recently ordered some new products that fit into my healthy lifestyle. I can't wait for them to arrive! I prefer to buy in bulk, so I needed to address the storage issues that come with buying lots of things. And, as much as I love pretty things, it's best if they can be functional. So, I bought a set of new "see through" canisters, ...not only do they look pretty sitting on the counter, but I don't have to open each one to see what's in it!

My husband built me a set of custom indoor window boxes above my kitchen sink when we built our kitchen. The other day, it occurred to me to plant herbs in place of the straggly plants. So, off to the nursery we went and I purchased lots of fresh herbs, ...now I am so pleased with my boxes, I love the idea that I can just snip a little herb whenever I want and add it to a recipe. I need to replace the batteries in my camera, then I will post a picture of them.

Okay, it's really late and I need to go to bed, ...I have a lot of things jotted down to add to this site, hopefully, I'll find some time to do that tomorrow!

No comments: