Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've been hanging out in the BARS!

No, not the bars where social gatherings occur, ...I'm talking Protein Bars!

When you work out on a daily basis building muscle, you need to make sure that you are getting enough protein to help build and maintain muscle mass.

So, I've been experimenting with different types of protein bars. Here is what I have tried so far ...

Think Thin Protein Bars - they are available in chocolate fudge, brownie crunch, chocolate mudslide, dark chocolate, white chocolate chip, crunchy peanut butter, and smooth peanut butter. Also, for a limited time in support of breast cancer they are offering ...white chocolate raspberry, peanut butter caramel, blueberry dark chocolate, and lemon burst.

Zero Imact Protein Bars - pumpkin supreme, chocolate peanut butter. This bar is really different than most I've tried, ...kinda grows on you. LoL I prefer the pumpkin supreme flavor and really the texture, it's like eating fudge. It's actually a protein meal replacement bar so don't overdue it when eating these.

EAS Myoplex Carb Control Protein Bars - chocolate chip brownie, chocolate peanut butter, and cookies and cream. I really didn't care for the two chocolate flavors, but did enjoy the cookies and cream flavor. Makes me feel like I'm eating a candy bar though! LoL

Balance (Carb Well) Protein Bars - chocolate fudge, chocolate peanut butter, caramel n chocolate.

Make sure when choosing a Protein Bar that you read the ingredients list. Depending on what is included will determine whether it is a Level 1, Almost Level 1 or Level 2 food choice.

It's important that while loosing weight you choose a bar with legal ingredients for Level 1.

No comments: