Thursday, December 20, 2007

FIRST, second, ...

I was asked to send my Before Photo and a Current Photo to Kathleen at FIRST Magazine for the article, ...I had such a hard time looking at the before photo. It really forced me to take another hard look at myself and then deal with the fact that I "was" overweight.

It's just so odd that our minds really can and do fool us, ...honestly, I never thought I was fat during that time. I knew I had gained weight, but I just avoided looking at myself in the mirror. So, when you don't face something, that old addage that it doesn't exist comes into play.

Here's to a new "me" and to no longer playing games with myself, ...now I'm facing all my fears, head on. No more hiding or avoiding the things that make me unhappy and uncomfortable. And, I have to tell you, ...I just couldn't be happier about it. It really gives you a sense of peace when you resolve your issues rather than run from them.

I wish for each and everyone of you to find peace with yourselves and the strength to face your fears.

No comments: